Saturday

BERLENA HAS PHOTOS & AN AMAZING STORY ABOUT HOW AMPYRA HELPED HER WALKING ON HER CRUISE!

(Posted By: Josi Creek)


CLICK HERE TO GO TO OUR FACEBOOK PAGE & READ COMMENTS & (((HUGS)) OUR Facebook FRIENDS LEFT FOR 
!


Stan, This is a comment my son made after looking at one of our pictures taken on the cruise ......... "Where did you take this?!?"! LOL! Very nice! I always enjoy hangin out with you and Pops...Broham (Pops) is finally coming around!...As for you, I'm so glad that you continue to take things in stride and don't let things stop you!....Just like a true Spencer!...Luv ya both!

Stan, as promised an update on my vacation. We took a 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico. We went on 3 tours and I've never been on a cruise where transportation wasn't provided to get to the main shopping area after leaving the ship. Only one place had transportation and that was St. Maarten. The other ports we had to walk to the area. I usually walk along with my husband, but there were times I ventured to some stores alone.

This I've never done before. The steps on the ship to get to the upper deck I usually don't do, but every port we went into and when we got ready to sail away, I climbed the steps and went to the top deck.

I guess I'm rambling on, but the point I'm getting to is that I know Ampyra is working because I never would have been able to walk as much as I did on our cruise if I weren't taking it.

My son took a picture of me going up the steps, and my daughter-in-law commented on how I was coming up the steps. I took a 1/2 provigil for 3 days to be able to stay awake longer, but that was it. It was hot, but I was able to deal with it, just made sure I stayed hydrated.

I still use my cane, and I'm not able to run a marathon, probably couldn't anyway at my age, but I'm so thankful for the change I've noticed since starting ampyra.

When we got back, my son called to check on us, and he said once again that he and his wife had talked about how my mobility has improved.

This Saturday will be 8 weeks since starting ampyra. So far there has been no side effects, and there's definitely speed in my walking.

Pictures will follow Stan!!